Wednesday, June 27, 2007

the rabid cat

Ok, so she's not rabid. Yet.

Three days into a month-long cat-sitting for my friend finds our hero with an injured cat on his hands. What to do?

In return for Spanish lessons until my departure, I agreed to sit for my friend's cat for a month. Seems easy enough, right? Well, not 72 hours in and Luna is home with a wound of unknown origin, therefore I must keep her in strict confinement. Chances are she isn't going to develop rabies, but I need to keep her away from other critters and people and watch for signs of developing illness, just in case she was attacked by an infected animal. Ayayai!

Good news: she's ok for now and just needs to take some antibiotics for a small wound on her leg. And I can take her out on a leash! Imagine that, a cat on a leash. Sheesh. How do these things happen to me?

3 comments:

Monster Librarian said...

My brother...my brother! Tried to take his cat for a walk on a leash and he freaked out. Ha ha ha. My response was "well, how would you like to be on a leash?!"
Don't do it Friend...save both of you the shame!

Kt said...

Confucius say, "The man whose greatest fear is a cat on a leash has not yet opened the door with the tiger behind it."

Monster Librarian said...

Confucius also said, "Ignorance is the night of the mind, but a night without moon and star." I am not sure how that relates to anything but it made me feel smart finding it!

Google