Thursday, May 31, 2007

An Omen

I was graced with a visit from a couple of friends this weekend. They were in the state for a wedding and were heading back to Pennsylvania Monday night, so they stopped in to say hi, and one other important thing.

“So, when are you two getting married? Do you have a date?” I asked. And she told me.

“You have to be in the country,” were the very next words out of her mouth, her demeanor denying any argument.

It’s settled. The fates have decreed that I may not leave until after this very important occasion. And I think immediately after would be appropriate.

PS - Happy Birthday, Mummy Dearest!

5 comments:

Mummy Dearest said...

But you left a tiny detail out: what is the date of the wedding? When do we have to say goodbye to Nathan?

And, thanks for the b-day wishes!

Monster Librarian said...

You are stalling and you know it! You are going to get a stern talking to from the Topside three when we gather for Amos' bday!

TSOldtimer said...

I am NOT stalling. If anything, I'm just as annoyed as you that I have to stick around for a wedding. Hehehe! Thanks for keeping the date a secret, Mummy. I've probably already mentioned it to enough people by now, but I'd like to keep it lowkey here for the timebeing.

Amos said...

You bum. I expect to hear it when I arrive in ELEVEN days! Love!

TSOldtimer said...

AAAHHH! Eleven days! I can't wait! Good thing that wedding isn't for a while. Wink!

Google