Monday, May 5, 2008

on the road again

Ah, the road! How I missed you!

Tomorrow, I begin the beginning of the journey north. I'm catching the train to Harrisburg where my brother will put me up over night, and then send me to the airport. I fly to Oregon and then the real preparations begin.

KT thinks that being ready to leave within the week would be exceeding expectations and I think that's alright. That would give us more time to have all things in order (we're driving to ALASKA for heaven's sake!), and the weather more time to start acting its age!

I'm so excited to be moving again. Small side trips to Michigan and DC for visits with Monster Librarian and Amos have perked me up over the past couple of months, but I am definitely ready to stretch my legs. And the train is always my favorite way to get there.

It's too bad that I don't have an extra $1000. I definitely have the three days it would take for Amtrak to get me across the country. And those sleeper cars sure look nifty! I wonder just how nice it would be to see the United States from the window of a train car...

3 comments:

Monster Librarian said...

Woot woot for the shout out!

You didn't call today. :( Have a safe and fun trip. tell Kt "HAAAAYYY!" for me. ;)

And, watch out for bears!! GROWL!

Rebecca said...

good luck! take care and travel safe! i am excited to see pictures and hear stories to make me jealous!

Mummy Dearest said...

Sleeper cars make me drooool. I so want to take one cross-counrty someday. Even if they do cost a bajillion times more than the airplane...

Google