Sunday, May 18, 2008

are we there yet?

Wahoo!  The time has come!  Today is the day we leave for Alaska!

Yes!  Here we go!  After a few frantic days of gathering, running errands, and stuffing everything (including a foldable kitchen sink) into KT's subaru, the afternoon has arrived for our departure.

It's just about time...

Any minute now...

Sigh.  It's always the small, last-minute details that catch one up, no?  So while we plan to leave TODAY, no man knows the actual hour.  KT's been running around like her head's on fire trying to lock all the doors and windows, cancel the mail and newspaper subscription, and unplug all the curling irons.  I've been making smaller and fewer piles that need attention trying to do SOMETHING to help, and in the meantime, more things have snuck into the cracks and crevices of the car.  I think we may eventually tick off everything on the "before you go..." list, however, some of it may need to wait until we get back.

So, if you're in the neighborhood, do us a favor and check on the goldfish.  Thanks.

1 comment:

Monster Librarian said...

I am SO EXCITED for you. I told my Uncle Tom (the one whose cabin we stayed at by Traverse City--No joke!! Remember?) where you guys are heading/what you are doing and he said to me, "Why didn't you go!?" The same question I keep asking myself until that stupid adult voice screams, "MONEY...NO MONEY!!!" I hope you two have much fun and take LOTS!!! of picutes. Be safe...um...wear bear repellent. WINK!

Google