Sunday, October 7, 2007

pretty please?

Now the waiting is happening. I’ve sent out emails to five farms and have heard from exactly one. I’ve been formally invited to stay on a Farm in Spain! Now, the problem is, I need to be invited to stay on at least two more. I think that would make my stay most productive and interesting. Since I sent my feelers out five days ago, I followed WWOOF’s suggestion to prod again. And then I realized I never referenced my ID number. These people probably think I’m some hobo who managed to get their address and wants to freeload on their olive farms…

In other news, I’m searching for cheap plane tickets and interesting itineraries. I’m thinking of WWOOFing elsewhere, too. Turkey is looking promising these days. However, according to the Spanish consulate’s guidelines for entry, I need to travel with a round-trip ticket in order to get my 90 days of visa-free visitation. Hmm. So, if I want to travel, oh let’s say, from the US to Spain, then to Germany, and on to Turkey before going home, do I still need a round-trip ticket? Particularly since I’ll need to fly home from Spain before my 90 days are up? This is not my idea of efficient travel. It looks like another call to the ol’ consulate will be in order. Cross your fingers and say a prayer: I’m doomed.

1 comment:

Monster Librarian said...

Yes, the helpful consulate...hmm...you are doomed. :)

CAN'T WAIT TO BE AT GF IN 4 DAYS!!!!!!

Google