Tuesday, July 15, 2008

i live on an island

I've been one week on Lopez Island in the Puget Sound. It's been a whirlwind of a week here in Northwest Washington, and here are a few phrases that describe my new life:
  • island time
  • elbow deep in llama dung
  • yes, there are llamas here
  • farmer's market:  more market, less farmer
  • sea kayaking
  • straw bale houses
  • interns and power tools
  • organic EVERYTHING
  • sailing on the Sound
  • potlucks
  • the Lopez Wave
  • bicycling everywhere
  • fresh veggies everywhere!
  • ferry schedules
  • free clothes at the dump
  • 1500 rubber ducks in a cement truck
Did I mention I've been here a week?  My head is still spinning, but as soon as I can slow it down there will be explanations, reviews, summaries.

PS - The Alaska Roadtrip has officially ended.

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

That sounds way too amazing. I wish I could visit. I am particularly jealous of sea kayaking, organic food, bicycling everywhere and sailing. Wow. Enjoy!

Wendy Wagner; said...

It's the 1500 rubber ducks in a cement mixer that really blow my mind!

Glad you're doing okay on the island! Keep your eyes peeled for orcas!

Unknown said...

time for catch up? did you get the thing then?
feel free to call or send postcard. remember when we used to do that? :-)

Monster Librarian said...

Ditto what eli said about the postcard or call. ;)

Your blog sounds so interesting! I am going to stop writing mine since it is lame and boring. Write more, write more!!

TSOldtimer said...

Yes, this place sure is interesting. It's keeping me quite busy, and I really need to sit and write about it. I guess I don't actually need those six hours of sleep I've been trying to get...

Don't stop writing, Monster! One of the reasons your blog is so not lame and boring is that you actually UPDATE it!

Kt said...

Aha! Nice new profile piccy!

I know where that was taken...

8'P

Google